$284.50 – $569.00
This course is taught over 2 days (14 hours).
It’s time for you to discover the exhilaration of sailing! This course is for people who have no prior sailing experience and who have always wanted to try it out. Come out and learn just how fun, and affordable, sailing can be!
Our Sailing Essentials course will cover knots, terminology, boat parts, boat handling and overall basic seamanship skills. A Sail Nelson certificate of completion will be awarded upon completion of this course.
For our Sailing Essentials course we offer two formats:
- 2 full days on the boat, or
- 1 full day and two evenings.
This course is equivalent to the Sail Canada Start Keelboat Sailing course. Students have the option of purchasing a Sail Canada logbook and course seal for an additional $80 +GST.
2023 COURSE DATES
- SE4: Saturday & Sunday, June 3 & 4, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SE12: Saturday & Sunday, June 10 & 11, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SE7: Monday & Tuesday, June 12 & 13, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SE8: Thursday & Friday, June 15 & 16, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SE5: Saturday & Sunday, June 24 & 25, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SE9: Thursday & Friday, July 20 & 21, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SE11: Saturday & Sunday, July 22 & 23, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SE14: Tuesday & Thursday, August 15 & 17, 2023 from 5 – 7 PM, and Saturday August 19, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- SE13: Saturday & Sunday, August 26 & 27, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Was a wonderful visit to the beautiful Nelson BC, where my Daughter and I received exceptional training from Penny on the very nimble and well maintained Spindrift. Penny was fun and took the time to answer any questions. Her training methods and course information made us all feel comfortable and confident by the second day. Loved the course and hope we can return for further courses in the future.
Clint and Jess
Thank you Clint! Was great getting you and Jessica out. Looking forward to sailing with you again! Penny
Had a great time getting out on the water with Sail Nelson! Just what we were looking for! Highly recommend this course!
Thank you Sarah!